The European SAC Network
Objective of the SAC Network - Summary
The central objective of the SAC network is to create a platform on which the
various activities of Symbolic and Algebraic Computation can be successfully integrated.
Different aspects of this objective are:
- to train young scientists to the interdisciplinary skills needed for such an integration.
- to make Symbolic and Algebraic Computation more useful for
- to integrate theoretical research and software development, by giving
an organizational frame for carrying out big and integrated projects that are beyond the
manpower of single research groups.
- to disseminate in an efficient manner knowledge and results, via a distributed
information system and workshops, the participants acting as distribution points to other
SAC-groups in the region.
- to encourage and stimulate applications and to make sure that there is feedback from the
application side to designers and theorists.
- to stimulate new research in mathematics, computer science and applications.
The goals of the SAC network are essentially precompetitive: making Symbolic and Algebraic
Computation operational implies that an essential tool for progress is developed, which can be
applied to obtain marketable products and processes.
More information about the SAC objectives (from the Network proposal).
CAIN Home page
Last update: June 6, 1997