Next: Comparison objectives and accomplished
Up: Report on SAC Network
Previous: Report on SAC Network
The central objective of the SAC network is to create a platform on
which the various
activities of Symbolic and Algebraic Computation can be successfully integrated.
The potentials of the new algorithms and theories are to be realized by implementing them
on the computer for concrete applications, thus bridging the gap between mathematical knowledge,
software development and applications. Different aspects of this objective are:
The goals of this network are essentially precompetitive: making symbolic and algebraic computation
operational implies that an essential tool for progress is developed, which can be applied
to obtain marketable products and processes.
- to train young scientists to the interdisciplinary skills needed for such an integration;
- to make Symbolic and Algebraic Computation more useful for applications;
- to integrate theoretical research and software development;
- to disseminate in an efficient manner knowledge and results, to be attained via
a distributed information system and workshops;
- to encourage and stimulate applications;
- to stimulate new research in mathematics, computer science, and applications.