The Maple Technical Newsletter Number 5, Winter 1991
This is the first time that the title Maple Technical Newsletter is used.
It is published by Waterloo Maple Software.
- News and Announcements
- Features of Maple V
- Features of Maple V with respect to earlier releases are listed.
- User defined aliases and factorization over finite and algebraic number fields
Gregory Fee, Michael Monagan
alias facility of Maple is highlighted. Besides, the performance of
univariate polynomial arithmetic over finite fields is described.
- Recipes for Solving Definite Integrals Involving Exponentials
and Logarithms (Part II)
- The extension of Maple's definite integration package is described.
- Indefinite Summation in Maple
- In this article the author briefly explores the topic of indefinite
summation and the application of the
sum procedure in Maple.
- Three ways to get Stirling's Formula in Maple
- In this article the author describes how Stirling's formula is known to
the Maple system and how it can be proved via Mellin transforms or a generating
- Numerical Solution of a Differential Equation presented in the problem section of
the American Mathematical Monthly
- The Maple solution to Problem 6552 from the American Mathematical Monthly.
- Application of Variational Principles to a Simple Quantum
Mechanical Problem using the Maple System
- A pedagogical quantum-mechanical problem is studied with the use of Maple.
Last updated: November 15, 1994